Monday, September 27, 2010

No Ruth this time

When I hadn't gotten The Call by about 8:30 last night, I pretty much knew I hadn't been cast, on the premise that all the "yes" calls would have been made first. Not a big surprise; when I arrived for callbacks, I heard someone else auditioning for Ruth and I realized I had some very stiff competition for the role. When she came out and I saw it was the woman who'd had the biggest female lead in Follies last year, well, no shame in losing a role to someone like that.

What was nice, though, was the way the artistic director told me he was "thrilled" with how well I'd sung. We chatted briefly about my voice teacher, then he mentioned the company is thinking of doing a concert version of The Gondoliers "this winter" and he'd like me to "be involved". Even if that never happens, for whatever reason, it's nice to hear someone trying to line me up for a future project - good for my ego. ;-)

No comments: