Monday, September 27, 2010

Blank canvas

Our friend DB bought his first house back in April and as a house-warming present, I promised to plant a batch of spring bulbs for him. It's getting to be time to put them in, so now I'm pondering whether to get one color of crocus or several, where to put some tulips, what kinds of daffodils & narcissus to get, and how many of each I can afford. I also want to dig up some of the daylilies we've got too many of and set them aside for him. Sometime soon, I'll load up the bulbs, some compost and the tiller and go get his yard ready to be gorgeous come spring.

And come spring, if i get around to dividing my toad lily, I may take one or two over there to add to the garden. That way, he'll have some color starting to bloom around the time everything else is dying out for the year.

No comments: