Friday, September 24, 2010

Glad that's over!

The Chief had his finger "surgery" this afternoon; "surgery" in quotes because the actual procedure took a grand total of about 5 minutes. The Chief said the prep took longer. When they called me in the Family Waiting Area, the nurse asked if I was the person with the bag of clothes. When I said "yes", she said they needed me in the patient recovery area and I could hear the Chief laughing in the background. When I got there, he was sipping ginger ale and holding his bandaged hand up. I had to help him get dressed, which was a bit of a challenge because he was ticklish and had trouble holding still. At least I didn't have to feed him dinner, as he managed left-handed eating pretty well.

So far, his finger is still numb from the anesthesia; he's a bit nervous about how much it's going to hurt once the anesthesia wears off. The doc gave him 2 pain prescriptions, though, so we're prepared.

I'm just glad it's over and relieved that, at least so far, it seems to have been a completely routine procedure. I knew my worries were unrealistic, but glad to have that confirmed.

No comments: