Thursday, May 18, 2006

Planning for my next theater fix

I fully expect that by fall the Chief will revert to being a Theater Widower. After doing no theater at all for a year, I'm compiling a spreadsheet of which local theater companies are doing what this season, which shows are musicals, who's directing, and audition & performance dates, trying to determine what shows I can do when and how many I can cram into the season. Though the Chief may have to deploy at the end of the year, in which case I'll probably only do one fall show in order to be able to spend time with him before he has to leave.

The 04-05 season was my record - 4 shows. This number is quite low compared to one friend of mine, who always seems to have one show in performance as she starts (or continues) rehearsals for another. And yes, she also has a full-time day job. When does she sleep? You'd have to ask her.

No comments: