Sunday, May 21, 2006

Lots of sewing and gardening lately

I've finished my 3 dresses for the show and was very proud of myself for figuring out the costumer's sleeve variation on the blue dress without benefit of written instructions and only a sketchy phone explanation. The Costume Goddess was having another costume-sewing party today so I took the blue dress with me. I ended up not doing much - sewed up a pair of elastic-waist pants and pinned a hem - because they have a four-footed feline allergen. However, I did leave w/ some "homework" so I'm hardly slacking off.

On the way home, I stopped to get some flowers for the flower boxes we bought last night to hang from the deck railings. Because the deck actually gets some sun most of the day, I got to buy sun-loving plants - geraniums, alyssum and lobelia. The plastic stake in the lobelia claims they like part to full shade but the info I find on line tells me they like full sun. So I planted most of the lobelia in the flower boxes but two in the driveway (dappled sun to full shade) and we'll see which spot makes them happier.

Some local varmint is gonna end up in a soup pot if it isn't careful - at least 3 times this week the same pot of impatiens has ended up tipped over. The pot's plastic, so it won't break, but getting knocked sideways and its dirt scattered has got to be traumatic for that poor impatiens. Short of installing surveillance cameras, I don't expect we'll ever learn the identity of the culprit or culprits, let alone catch it or them, but I sure do wish the neighborhood critters would leave my flowers alone!

No comments: