Monday, May 01, 2006

Must be Monday

My last day off before heading back to the work routine. When I went out to my car to start my round of errands, I turned the key and nothing happened. Nothing. Not even that "you left your lights on, fool!" click. Back into the house I went to call AAA; couldn't find my card without a great deal of searching, and then it was the old one, that expired last year. So after I called for a jump, I had to call a different number to request new cards.

When I finally had a running car again, I went over to the local nursery to inspect their annuals. Nice impatiens, but not much variety in their pansies, and they didn't have any of the "spider" variety of osteospermum that we'd seen in Cape May and wanted to try.

I had planned to do my grocery shopping at the commissary but haven't found the paint scraper to remove the expired stickers and replace them w/ the new ones. With the trees pollinating their little heads off right now, I may have to have the Chief do that for me.

Don't know what today's pollen count is, but it's gotta be in 4 figures; every time I've opened the front door, I've been seized with another sneezing fit and my eyes start burning worse. Poor Chief; he's giving the crabgrass its first haircut of the year and will have to take all his clothes straight to the laundry room and himself straight to the showers to get all that poiso-, uh, pollen off. Otherwise, I'll have one miserable night ahead of me. I love spring, but OH, how I hate pollen!

No comments: