Friday, May 05, 2006

Getting psyched for tomorrow

Stopped by the deluxe nursery (not the neighborhood one) after work today. Probably spent too much, and they didn't have pansies or osteospermum, but I came home w/ lots of impatiens to go into the pots on the front steps, some more to fill the gaps in the pansy bed, and 4 plants of mazus reptans to test in the center of the driveway. As the Chief helped me get everything out of the car, he asked "only 4?" I explained that, at $7 a plant, I was going to start w/ four and see how they do. If they die, I may well just go with cuttings from the vinca on the side of the house. But if the mazus does well, I'll go back next year and get more.

Tomorrow the Chief plans to dig up the center driveway strip and fill it with proper dirt, after which those mazus plants go in. If they do what we want, they'll thrive and spread, keep the dirt in place, and be a heckuva lot better looking than the weedy junk dirt that's there now.

No comments: