Thursday, January 14, 2010

On to the next

Got a call this evening from the artistic director of the company holding Mikado auditions. They'd had a mezzo drop out of their February show and would I be willing to fill in? "No is an OK answer." Well, since Grand Duke runs in February, "no" is exactly the answer I gave. "Oh, and by the way, we cast another Katisha." Someone with a "huge" voice, I was told.

Which is OK. There'll be other Mikados, and not getting this one means I'm free to take a work-related seminar being held in my hometown. I'd be able to tack on a few extra days and spend some time with family practically for free. I think it's probably a safe bet that my folks would be willing to let me use their spare bedroom, and maybe even feed me a stray crust of bread or so. I'd be paying only for the extra days on the rental car and the meals while I'm on my own time, not for the airfare.

Not getting Katisha also means that I'm free to audition for several other shows this spring - I've got 6 on my list, in fact, so if I'm not cast in the first one, there are several more auditions just waiting for me to show up.

2 comments:

Joseph said...

You're coming into town?! How fantastic! Do you think there will be time for Scrabble? Of course, I don't usually live in town anymore. Maybe we can work something out.

Maureen said...

Don't say anything yet, as I'm still working out the logistics. Boss has to say "yes", for one thing. IF it works out, I'll definitely try to make a full week of it, to include either Easter or all or part of the following weekend. With any luck, we'll be able to manage the Scrabble game that didn't happen at Christmas.