Friday, January 29, 2010

No spring show yet

Just heard back about Taming of the Shrew. I'm now 0 for 3 with my auditions for spring shows. Good thing there are still 3 more auditions on my calendar. The Chief keeps telling me to audition for straight plays, not just musicals. All well and good, but the problem is that straight plays have no chorus and thus a smaller cast. At least with musicals, you can take a place in the ensemble and let them see what you can do.

However. Three more spring shows to audition for - 2 plays and a musical. The musical is Bye Bye Birdie. Yes, I know I've already done it. The difference is that in this production, Mae Peterson gets to sing "A Mother Doesn't Matter", which was written for the TV special. That sits pretty low, though, and I don't have much of a belt yet. Maybe I could play Mrs. Macafee?


No comments: