Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Theatrical update

So I won't be doing Catch-22, not because I wasn't cast, but due to a work conflict during their tech week. A pity, as I would have gotten to play a batch of blowhards & bad guys, which would have been fun. However, the one bright side is that at least I can audition for Gondoliers, which techs in a week later. Now I'm cramming to get a new audition piece under my belt so that I'll be ready when the Gondoliers audition dates are announced.

I'll be helping w/ make-up for a local production of Follies. I auditioned for them, wasn't cast, but hope that this will be a way to make myself known to at least some of the company. And since I'll be working with a "real" make-up designer, I'm sure I'll learn some techniques that will stand me in good stead in future shows.

One of the local professional companies is looking for non-Equity singers for their summer productions. I'm sorely tempted, but first need to find out what the rehearsal schedule looks like. Being a professional theater, they may rehearse during the day. Since I already have a day job, that wouldn't work so well for me. ;-)

I'm already starting to look ahead to the 09-10 season, though only 1 or 2 companies have announced their season so far. I've already spotted one show I want to audition for; a long shot, but I don't mind auditioning even when I know I have only a snowball's chance because of the strength of the competition.

No comments: