Sunday, March 22, 2009

Busy theater support day

Busy day - flew home from church to change and inhale some lunch before heading off to a meeting called by the Follies make-up designer. We'll be doing some specialty and some age make-up, so I'll get to learn and practice some new techniques. Sounds like conditions will be cramped, to say the least - a cast of 45 crammed into 2 small dressing rooms and a coupla classrooms, along with their costumes, wigs (at least 50!), props, and who knows what-all else. Tech week really will be hell week as we try to get the logistics down, but we'll manage.

From there I drove 27 miles to a board meeting for the company that just did Merry Widow. I was late because of the first meeting, but was still there for a goodly chunk of it. Since I'm supposed to be the recording secretary (this is the first board meeting since the July elections that I've actually made, thanks to rehearsals and performances), that's a good thing. Now I get to write up my notes and send them to the rest of the board.

Let's see - at least 2 1/2 hours in the car (and 71 miles) for just over 2 1/2 hours' worth of meetings. I think it's a tie between driving and meeting.

No comments: