Saturday, March 07, 2009

Another audition

In about an hour I'm off to audition for a local production of Catch-22. No clue what the turnout will be like, and therefore whether I have much competition, but if I'm cast, it will certainly be a change of pace from anything else I've ever done.

Pros: the theater & rehearsal location are only about 8 or 10 miles from home, there are a few good pre-rehearsal and post-show dining options nearby, I'd be stretching myself and working with a new (to me) company.

Cons: Catch-22 runs concurrent with another show I'm interested in and for which I want to try for the contralto lead; it cuts into my time with my favorite retiree; I'm a little nervous that I might find myself cast in a show I don't particularly like. But these are problems only if I'm cast. ;-)

No comments: