Sunday, February 22, 2009

Laying in provisions for a siege

The Chief & I are bracing ourselves for Tech Week. Yesterday was the Sitzprobe, load-in started at 10 this morning, cast is called for 6 tonight, but my sewing machine and I will report earlier to help with the "green-room sweatshop". Cast is called for 6 p.m. through Wednesday, with 6:30 calls for Thursday's preview and all evening performances. That obviously doesn't leave very much time at all for fixing and eating dinner before leaving for the theater. That's why the Chief put some turkey legs and a whole chicken on to roast yesterday while I was at the Sitz; once they were ready, we took the meat off the bone and now have it for sandwiches. I also made a batch of hummus, a big pot of my mom's veggie-beef soup recipe, and some pot roast (the Chief isn't big on soups). Oh, and I rinsed some red and white grapes and destemmed them and might even prep some carrot sticks so we'll have something a little healthier than pizza and fast food to eat this week.

We're hosting a fellow castmember this week to shorten her home-work-theater commute a bit; I think we have enough food for three. If not, it certainly isn't for lack of trying! :D

No comments: