Thursday, February 19, 2009

Is it July yet?

Yesterday a friend told me of a week-long evening cabaret workshop at a local music school. You spend 3 hours a night Mon-Thu working on a ballad and an up-tempo song, then on Friday everyone in the class gets to sing their pieces for an audience. I've seen announcements for other cabaret singing classes in town that I haven't been able to make, but the timing of this one is just right. I sent off my registration this morning, hoping the class hasn't filled up already, and am looking forward to going through my Cole Porter, Gershwin and Rodgers & Hart collections to decide on my 2 songs. Or I may see if they'll let me sing 1 or 2 Mary Morton pieces - I've got her Wooing the Lorelei CD and love her lyrics and musical style.

Now I'm really looking forward to July - 5 straight nights of singing!

No comments: