Thursday, February 05, 2009

"5 cents, please"

[BTW, who took the cent sign off the keyboards when we weren't looking?!?]

I've been making a long commute (30+ miles one way) to another class for work, trying to learn a very intricate computer tool. The guy next to me had just had some hugely horrible news dumped on him by the girlfriend he just broke up with and has been venting to me. Part of the reason has been that, being female, he sorta hoped I might be able to help him make some sense of what he learned and the anger and grief he's now going through. While the mother hen in me wants to rock him and say "there, there", his situation makes me very paranoid about telling him much of anything in the way of advice - I definitely don't need to make things worse for the poor guy! Needless to say, I've been praying like crazy for guidance in addition to praying for him. "Storming heaven", as my grandmother used to say.

This is the second time I've run into this (the first was when I was coming home from Europe - LONG flight!). Maybe I should follow Lucy's example and set up a little stand...?

No comments: