Monday, February 02, 2009

Enjoying his retirement

Friday I got home from work late, having tried to do as much as possible to clear my queue between classes. I knew it was going to be a busy night, as we still had some food prep to do before having friends to dinner Saturday. I was pleasantly surprised to find my wonderful husband in the kitchen, at the ironing board putting the finishing touches on the linen tablecloth. Not only that, but he cheerfully peeled & sliced 4 apples for the cake (enlightened self interest there - he loves that cake!), then decided to make the hummus while I assembled the cake. He also did all the pre-party housecleaning, since "I'm home all day now and you're still working."

And while he's only fixed dinner once since he retired, he's hardly goofing off - today he returned my library books for me, he's finished organizing papers and has started on the basement, does the grocery shopping now - this is great! :D

No comments: