Saturday, February 07, 2009

Friends as guinea pigs

I've been known to see the occasion of friends coming to dinner as the perfect opportunity to try a new recipe. Last weekend was no exception; right alongside the roast chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, we served a Moroccan carrot salad. It turned out to be such a huge hit - we had almost no leftovers - that I ended up giving our friends copies of the recipe. It was easy, too; the hardest part about it was throwing it together before I had to leave for rehearsal that day. This one's definitely going into my collection of Favorites.

Other "experiments": goose, duck, flan, the occasional dessert recipe. See, this is how you know if you're one of my better friends - am I secure enough in our friendship to experiment on you? :D

No comments: