Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Oh, sleet!

Woke up at 5:30 this morning (when the alarm was set for 7) to learn the good news - no work today! Bad news - sleet! I could hear it patting against the windows and skylights at 5:30 and when I went out to shovel about 3 hours later, it made for some pretty tough going. That stuff is heavy! Not to mention hard to shovel; it clumps, you have to chip at it to get it to let go, it weighs a ton, and while it's melting at the moment, it's gonna refreeze later this evening. Send lots and lots of warm thoughts our way, please - we really can't afford to lose another night of rehearsal! If we lose tonight, that gives us only one night to get thru the entire show w/ orchestra, practice the evil/dead make-up for nearly half the cast, and get the blocking adjustments into our muscular memory. Not enough! Not that we'll be horrible if we don't get to rehearse tonight (we'll be well-rested, if nothing else), but losing two key rehearsals right before Opening Night is a Bad Thing!

You'd think I'd be well rested today, but you'd be wrong. Not only was I unable to get to sleep until after midnight last night (that late-afternoon migraine nap wreaked havoc w/ my sleep patterns), but after waking up early and going back to bed, I heard my cellphone beep just as I was getting back to sleep. Turned out somebody's boss was text-messaging them to come in late. I let "Mike" know he'd texted the wrong number, then went back to bed again. Ten minutes later, TW called. By the time we finished talking, I was wide awake, and headache-y, so I threw in the sleep towel, made some coffee (which took care of the headache, thank heaven), and wondered whether the carrier would be able to deliver the paper before noon.

No comments: