Thursday, February 01, 2007

Another callback!

Got home from work this afternoon to find a message on the machine telling me I'm called back for a role in The Merry Widow! Huzzah! They didn't say which role, but I'm guessing it's one of the Pontevedrian wives. Those are speaking roles; IIRC, all their singing is done in the full ensembles. Which is just fine; Lehar's choral writing is lush enough to keep me happy. And if they let me waltz, I'll be in heaven!

Another possibility is that they're considering me for one of the folk dancers. I doubt they'd want me for one of the can-can dancers unless they're desperate - I've never been able to do the splits or a cartwheel, although I can turn in place for at least 8 counts. That'd make a great visual - one brightly-garbed dancer turning and turning while others cartwheel past her.

I've already done the show once and got to dance 3 times; I was in the curtain-raiser at the top of the show, and was a folkdancer (type-casting!) and Jou-Jou, one of the can-can dancers. Heaviest rehearsal schedule I've ever had because of all the choreography rehearsal required - I was absolutely ate it up with a spoon and begged for more!

I hope to know more soon - the message promised they'd either e-mail me or call later tonight to tell me when to show up on Sunday.

1 comment:

blueblanket said...

You're so lucky to have so many auditions! We don't have that many shows in this immediate area where I live, so I just get what's handed to me. Good luck with 'em!!!