Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Ah, the joys of running water!

After spending too much time trying in vain to get the water flowing out at the cabin, it was SO nice to get home to running water. Being able to brush teeth & wash hands (and dishes) more easily is good, but best is being able to stand under a nice, hot shower and wash the hairspray out of my hair and a few knots out of my muscles. (Slinging sleet is hard work!) I'm achier today than yesterday from wielding that maul, moving piles of sleet, schlepping things down the driveway from the car to the cabin, etc. I was very careful about my body mechanics so I didn't injure anything; it's just all those muscles that aren't used to working that hard. Worst seems to be my hands - they're used to controlling lightweight things like writing utensils and book pages, not 50-pound mauls. So even though I indulged in a nice, long, hot shower this morning, I may take another before bed to ease the muscles a little more.

No comments: