Saturday, January 06, 2007

Random observations

Saw an odd thing on the way home from work yesterday: not one, not two, but three identical Rolls Royces traveling down the road. Somehow, I doubt that convoy was communicating on CB radios.

Learned from one of the folks from my church choir that our pianist's mother died yesterday. I packed up the rest of the vat of soup I'd made the day before to take over there, but wanted to get sthg to go with it, as well as sthg else for my own dinner. Because I had rehearsal today, I figured I'd better get to the grocery store early so I actually set my alarm. (Which I almost never do on Saturdays.) Well, I set the wrong one - the one that goes off at 5:30 to wake me up for work, not the "Sunday alarm" that doesn't go off until 7. I didn't think anything of my grogginess, and figured it was so dark just because the weather's been gloomy. It wasn't until I noticed the clock read 6:30 that I realized my mistake. I'm definitely off my game - I've never made this kind of alarm clock mistake before! Sleeping too late, yes; but getting up too early?!?

Gorgeous spring day today - sunny, breezy, highs in the 70s. Only thing is, this is supposed to be winter. Either they're right about global warming, or we're gonna pay for this in another month with a 2' blizzard and 3 days without power.

Spent a fair bit of time today sorting out my theatrical schedule: 2 shows I'm supposed to adjudicate, 3 that friends are in, one I want to see before I audition for another company's production of it, the Duquesne Tamburitzans, and of course the show I'm performing in next month. After figuring out how to get all these overlapping runs to mesh, I realized that tonight is my last Saturday night at home until at least March 10th!

TW just called again. So far he's managed to call every day, and twice today! The 8-hour time difference makes things a little weird. Tonight I was talking about going nowhere but to church tomorrow. His initial reaction was, "But tomorrow's Monday!" Because for him it's Sunday, while it's still Saturday night here. I might hafta send him one of those watches with 2 faces so he can set one to my time zone and one to his. Come to think of it, maybe I should look for one w/ a 24-hour digital display so he doesn't call me at 1 in the morning...

And I just learned that a total stranger has a link to my blog! Until about an hour ago, the only link I was aware of was from one of the two friends who pushed me to start blogging. Then blueblanket posted a comment to something I posted earlier this week. This is cool - people are actually reading this stuff! :D

No comments: