Sunday, March 22, 2015

This week's plan

I learned last week that, because I already have a B.A., U considers me a transfer student and the application deadline for transfer students isn't until June 1st., so I still have a chance at getting in for this fall.  I still have to apply, of course, and hope there are slots left, but that gives me time to write a 300-word essay designed to convince them they want me as a student, submit my application, and have my first U send a transcript.  I'm not required to submit a letter of recommendation but may have someone write one anyway, and I will definitely send them a copy of my community theater resume.  I hope to get at least a first draft of the essay written by the end of the week, then polish it over the weekend, add it to my application, and submit it.  One thing they want for the application may not apply to me, given the passage of time:  do they really need my high school GPA, which is decades old?

This week I plan to contact the Music and Theater depts. to schedule tours and a chat with someone in each program.  Among the list of questions I'm compiling is what my Plan B should be if I don't get accepted for the fall semester - what I could take at the community college level that would transfer.

No comments: