Friday, May 30, 2008

Oh, crud

This cold has been moving along very quickly. I'm past the head cold stage; it's now moving down into my lungs. Wonderful; now I've got all this crud starting to swim around in there, just in time for this weekend's performances. And wouldn't ya know, Ruth's very first song is the 2nd number in the show, solo, three verses long. I have a feeling those verses may feel very long indeed tonight. I've decided to stay home from work today, lounge around the house, force fluids until I'm about to grow gills, and trim Mabel's hat. With any luck, I might even manage a nap so that I won't feel quite so run-down tonight.

And our Mabel seems to have come down with strep throat, poor thing. Same raw throat I've been having, but with nausea. This weekend's shows could be "interesting"...

No comments: