Saturday, May 24, 2008

Curtain up!

Pirates opened tonight! Best of all, we actually had an audience (I was afraid that, this being the start of Memorial Day weekend, we'd have maybe 5 or 6 people out there), who were vocal in their appreciation. The numbers I'm in generally went quite well, my voice was cooperating nicely, no major costume problems

The performance wasn't without glitches (e.g., I messed up my very first line; "My mind has long been gnawed by the cankering tooth of wisdom"?!?) but on the whole I think it went pretty well.

While I did attempt to costume a show last May, I think this is probably the one I'll leave on my resume. Our Mabel told me her mother loved the costumes, which was nice to hear. Our Kate finished MG Stanley's nightshirt for me (buttonholes & buttons, since the buttonhole foot to my sewing machine is AWOL) yesterday and did a nice job of it. I still want to make sashes for 2 of the daughters, put a hook on my Act I skirt and take in that blouse, and the Sergeant's coat still needs to be taken in, but things are essentially done. Hurray!

No comments: