Saturday, May 03, 2008

I'm liking Prilosec!

As noted earlier, one of the things the doc has been testing was whether reflux might have caused or at least contributed to my little scare. To that end, she's had me on Prilosec, which I've been taking for a week or two now. So far, so good - tomato sauce is no longer evil! My reaction to the acid in tomato sauce had gotten so bad I'd just about given up on it, which really limits my choices when we go out for Italian! However, I got brave today and had a generous bit of spaghetti sauce on my pasta for lunch with nary a twinge of heartburn - yee-ha! Now I'm ready to try pizza again. Assuming, of course, the crust isn't so chewy my jaw starts shifting & popping like the San Andreas fault.

This should help when I'm trying to decide what to have for dinner on Pirates performance nights. Dairy is still off the pre-show menu, but maybe I can start trying food cooked w/ bell peppers, onions, vinegar (BBQ!), garlic and other good things, instead of plain poultry with some sort of plain side dish. Maybe the kebab place's sampler, with its hummus, tabouleh and grape leaves and that wonderful, made-to-order nan..

No comments: