Friday, May 30, 2008

Finished!

Mabel now has a hat, just as her sisters do. I'm very pleased with how it turned out and hope to get some pictures tonight of Mabel wearing it, which I'll duly post.

Which means the only costuming left to do for this show is to get the Sgt's stripes sewn onto his coat and to take in said coat so that our Sgt doesn't rattle around in it. To that end, I'm schlepping my sewing machine to the theater tonight. I just hope our Sergeant answers my plea and makes the 6:30 call time so I have plenty of time to pin the stripes and the seams I need to take in.

I had to go thru my receipts so I can tell our Major General Stanley how much I spent for his nightshirt, which he wants to buy from me. I made the mistake of totalling everything - I've spent about $125 on costuming for this show, despite the fact that only 2 of the costumes had to be made from scratch! Granted, that includes the patterns, fabric, trim & notions for those 2 costumes, and at least $20 worth of materials for Mabel's hat. Oh, but it doesn't include the 4 hatpins I ordered for the girls' hats. Guess I won't think about that until the bill comes in.

No comments: