Friday, May 16, 2008

"Maid of all work" indeed!

Oy! Costuming a show I'm also in, and doing it in little more than two weeks, while holding down a full-time job, is a big time-eater! I've already made half a dozen trips to assorted fabric stores, spent an afternoon digging through costume closets while breathing sawdust (the closets are steps away from the scene bay of the company whose costumes I was digging through), made & updated spread sheets of all the bits & pieces each actor needs... Good thing the last few rehearsals have worked numbers that Ruth either isn't in or in which she only has a coupla lines.

Tonight our Major General called me to let me know he'd hit a snag w/ his Act II costume. The folks from whom he was planning to borrow it had a family emergency and hadn't had time to dig out the costume. In fact, they might not manage it until after we open, meaning we now have to scramble to find our MG a nightshirt, nightcap and robe. I did run out to get a pattern and fabric, but if no one volunteers to make it up, it could be Friday (the day we open!) before I have time to sew it.

No comments: