Sunday, November 22, 2015

Next show...

Today I attended a production meeting for a production of Lend Me a Tenor (LMAT), for which I'm designing hair and makeup.  I love 1930s styles, so this will be fun.  LMAT presents the additional feature of requiring two of the men to wear Otello costumes, including "moorish" makeup.  One of them has to get out of that makeup and back into normal makeup relatively quickly.  (I still need to read the script to see just how much time he has for the change.  That'll happen this weekend.)

I've already reached out to the costumer to arrange a get-together so I can coordinate my designs with hers.  She may also want to borrow the dress I made last year for Death Takes a Holiday.  It would be nice to get a little more mileage out of it; doesn't matter that I won't be the one wearing it.

LMAT is a funny show; I'm looking forward to being part of the production team.

No comments: