Sunday, November 22, 2015

Gonna miss "shop class"

Now that I've got all my shop hours for the semester and the school production will be ending tomorrow, there'll be no more opportunities to build stuff in the theater scene shop. :(  I'm gonna miss using power tools to build flats and cabinet doors, platforms and trusses.  I'll miss spackling gaps too - (sounds like "jack sand") is fun to work with.

No telling what's going to happen next semester; the building is about to be mostly demolished and rebuilt into a much bigger performing arts facility.  It'll be 2 or 3 years before it's finished; no telling what they'll do for a scene shop or performing space in the meantime.  I sure hope they'll have something they can use for a scene shop, though - I want more shop class! :D

No comments: