Sunday, March 13, 2011

Favorites and 2 new recipes

More cooking for the week today - a big vat of mushroom sauce (3 jars of Classico and 1.5 lbs. of sauteed fresh mushrooms) and the usual vat o' salad for lunch during the week. I also cooked my first spaghetti squash and tried 2 new recipes: Peach Cobbler Oatmeal (oatmeal made in the crockpot, w/ canned peaches and a little cinnamon & brown sugar) and Lemon Chicken w/ Broccoli. I'll try the oatmeal for breakfast tomorrow and we had the chicken for dinner tonight. Pretty good, though I let the broccoli cook too long, so it got a bit mushy. The Chief suggested trying it with lime; will notate the recipe accordingly and try that next time.

My back is tired from so much standing, but the house smells great and we've got meals ready for most of the rest of the week. We'll get 2 more meals out of the chicken and I'll use some of the sauce in lasagne, with the rest going over pasta or the spaghetti squash.

No comments: