Friday, April 03, 2009

Chorus? or not?

I wasn't called back for Gondoliers, so now I'm waiting for the customary call offering me a slot in the chorus. The Chief would like to see me turn it down because I've been in the ensemble of just about every show I've done with this company. (The lone exceptions were the first time they did Merry Widow (lotsa dancing & one of the Grisettes) and Fledermaus, when I had a couple of lines as a guest at Orlovsky's party and had my "daughters" do their party pieces.

The Chief points out that I've had roles with other companies and I should continue to audition for other companies (which I'm doing) and to audition for straight plays rather than musicals (but it feels so weird to have no music!). He also would like to see me get back to having all my weekends free to go to the cabin or otherwise do stuff together, instead of letting Gondoliers eat up all my weekends.

This could be tough - much as I love the music in Gondoliers, I do owe my long-suffering husband a few weekends, given how many of them Merry Widow ate up. Maybe I'll just help with costumes this time round, usher a performance or so, work run crew or something...

No comments: