Sunday, April 05, 2009

Emotional adoption?

Having no kids of my own, and with my nieces & nephews living a plane ride away, I tend to "adopt" the people around me. And the longer I've known you and the better we get along, the more likely you are to get the "mother hen" treatment. I try conscientiously not to do that at work but in the theater, and with the church group I've been singing with for umpteen years (I've known the kids since before they were born), well, it's so hard not to fuss over them. Some of my theater friends have learned to humor me when I start fixing their costumes, bless their hearts. And when we're all singing, playing, dancing, partying..., it's great. I don't have family living nearby, so they become my family - gotta love it! :)

(It's spring, I just spent too much money at the garden center today and planted a flat of impatiens - I'm in a good mood, what can I say?)

No comments: