Thursday, April 09, 2009

Jumping up & down and squealing!!!

I'm all set to travel to my friend K's graduation in about another month. I'm hugely proud of her - single mother of many, working full time while earning her degree - and looking forward to cheering myself hoarse in celebration.

As if that weren't enough, I just learned that my maid of honor, who used to be my roommate but now lives thousands of miles away and whom I haven't seen since her brother's wedding several years ago, will also be at the graduation. I can now look forward to a weekend of hugs, tears of joy, and probably much swapping of G&S quotes.

My MoH and I "mother henned" each other so much and got along so well, I'm sure there were those who wondered if we were a couple, and our friend the graduate was like another sister and often spent her non-custodial weekends at our place. The prospect of getting to see them both again, at the same time, has me over the moon - it's too much happiness!

No comments: