Sunday, January 04, 2009

Resolutions?

I've generally been opposed on principle to New Year's resolutions (it's just an "odometer phenomenon" - nothing special to get worked up about), but I'm toying in a very general, very UNcommitted way to maybe possibly thinking about trying this. More a "N things I'd like to accomplish this year" than "N things I MUST accomplish this year".

So, now that I've caveated this 20 ways to Sunday, here's a preliminary list of things I think I'd like to have done by, say, Christmas 2009:
  • hang some pictures at the cabin;
  • hang some pictures in the living room at the house;
  • expand my crockpot repertoire (this one won't be tough - I have exactly one recipe in that repertory at the moment);
  • start dancing again, at least a little bit;
  • maybe start using the gym at my new building (this one's heavily dependent on finding someone who can show me how to use the equipment without doing myself an injury)
  • expand my musical/theatrical horizons, perhaps by attending something new, auditioning for something I think I might not like, or learning a new tech skill.

Now to see whether I remember to check back on this during the year, especially come December.

No comments: