Monday, July 24, 2006

Casting call

A's having another sing-in in NJ come September. Because 60-some of the 70-plus attendees had requested one role or another and there are definitely not that many roles to go around, she did her casting by lots. I'll be doing Buttercup's Act II music in HMS Pinafore. It'll be interesting to share a role; I know the woman doing Act I so maybe we can work out some silly theme. My voice teacher & I are traveling together, which should make for a much less tedious drive. Only trouble is, since we're both mezzos and used to singing harmony, who's gonna sing melody? I suppose we'll have to draw straws; whoever gets the short one has to sing melody. ;)

One last voice lesson this week before auditions next month and the post-Labor Day sing-in (Chief & I are on vacation the week after Labor Day). Guess I'd better make that lesson count!

No comments: