Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Thebes is getting closer...

Last night we had a photographer taking headshots for the lobby as well as publicity shots. I didn't get the e-mail about bringing costume pieces, so all I had was my shawl. :( At least I looked presentable, since I'd slapped on some make-up so I wouldn't look all pale & washed out in my lobby shot.

We then did a full run, with the Guard filling in for Haemon (who apparently had an audition last night). Not bad - we timed out at about 1:20 or thereabouts, so once we get things tightened up, we should clock in at about 1:10 or 1:15. Given that the show runs straight through, without any intermission, we'll have our audience out in short order.

My shawl turned out quite nicely. Our director had found a white gauze shawl, but it was a bit too stark with the darker colors of my blouse and black skirt. I offered to tea-dye it; it turned out a lovely shade of darjeeling. ;) I can't remember the last time I tea-dyed anything, so I was pleased that I managed to get the color just right. It's still quite a light color - sort of a light ivory - which suits the other colors (of both my costume and the set) much better. And the blood will still show just fine.

No comments: