Sunday, February 06, 2011

A reason to read Parade magazine

I have no idea how long Parade Magazine's been running its "Sunday dinner" feature, but a couple of weeks ago I actually looked at it instead of paging past it. The recipe was someone's mother's meatball recipe, which sounded pretty good. Added one or 2 ingredients to the next grocery list, made a batch of meatballs and, after the 2nd dinner (when the flavors had had time to "develop"), decided I'm gonna hafta start paying attention to these recipes! I just made another batch this afternoon between church & rehearsal and left the meatballs simmering in sauce for about 6 hours, so the flavors had lots and lots of time to get blended. The Chief already had last night's leftovers ready for dinner when I got home tonight, but I'm looking forward to dinner tomorrow night!

Today's recipe was for a flourless chocolate cake - perfect to offer family and friends who can't eat gluten, and with only 4 ingredients, it looks pretty easy, too. Just need to add eggs and quality semi-sweet chocolate to this week's grocery list...

No comments: