Friday, February 11, 2011

First Parade Magazine, now the coupon flyer

Tonight I finally got around to trying a recipe I'd pulled out of one of the Sunday coupon flyers, for Margarita Chicken. To my surprise, it was actually very good! I'm sure the "juice & zest of one lime" had a lot to do with that. I had my doubts when I started, but I'm glad I decided to take the plunge, and so is the Chief. We'll definitely be making this again.

Margarita Chicken
4 boneless chicken breasts
1/4 c. canola oil (I used extra-light olive oil)
1 lime
2 Tbsp. honey
2 c. finely crushed tortilla chips
1 can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes, juice & all
1/4-1/2 c. fresh cilantro, chopped
1 c. shredded Monterey jack/cheddar cheese

Mix oil, juice & zest from the lime. honey in a bowl. Dip chicken in mixture and roll in tortilla crumbs to coat. Place in baking dish; bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.

Puree tomatoes, cilantro in blender. (Save some cilantro for garnish.) Remove chicken from oven, cover w/ puree, top with cheese. Return chicken to oven for about 5 mins. to melt the cheese.

No comments: