Monday, February 01, 2010

Feeding frenzy

You can bet the rent - if we get a snow day and there's any food in the house, I'll start cooking. Not only did I make that huge pot of soup Saturday (now decanted into several containers), but yesterday I did make that pumpkin pie, and a huge vat o' salad for the week's lunches. While I was slicing & dicing, I cut up some green peppers for the Chief to snack on. Oh, and I still gotta do something with the turkey breast I took out of the freezer the other day while it's still good.

The Chief split one of the containers of soup w/ the contractor today. This after sending over pot roast, mashed potatoes & salad when he was in the hospital, so his wife would have at least one meal she didn't have to do anything but heat. The Chief had also fed him some of the salsa I made a week or so ago so there'd be something easy & reasonably healthy for him. The contractor reportedly asked if I liked cooking. Um, ya think? :D

No comments: