Saturday, June 20, 2009

This is gonna be fun!

Met this morning w/ the woman teaching next month's cabaret workshop so she could vet my choices for a ballad & up tempo. She OK'ed my choice of Distract Me from Wooing the Lorelei for my up tempo. This is very cool, as I'll be singing an original piece, probably with the songwriter herself sitting in the audience!

I like this woman - for all that I walked in on a Saturday morning, recovering from a migraine and with my voice still sound asleep, she ran me through a few warm-ups and commented on how she liked my voice.

The friend who told me about the cabaret workshop takes voice lessons from this woman and has proposed that she & I work w/ her to find 2 guys and put together a modest production of Jacques Brel is Alive & Well & Living in Paris, or at least selections from same. With the Fringe production, recital and cabaret looming large, I haven't had time to think about it for at least a month, but now that I've met w/ L and gotten to play cabaret a teeny tiny bit, I'm getting excited about this project again.

No comments: