Friday, June 05, 2009

Raindrops keep fallin' on my head...

We've been getting rain, sometimes quite a lot of it, 3 or 4 days a week for at least 2 weeks now. It brought with it the usual woes - migraines and creaky joints - but the last straw for my tolerance was when I got home last night to find that the roof had sprung a leak. And then found another leak this afternoon. Because of all the rain, our roofer's phone started ringing off the hook about a week ago, so as I told him when I called this morning, I wasn't expecting immediate service. No, I just hoped my position on his waiting list wasn't too far back.

The one ray of hope to which I cling is that he only lives a few blocks away; maybe he'll be able to swing by on the way to or from one of the customers further up the list.

Adding insult to injury is the fact that I had been planning to go out to the cabin for the weekend. Instead, I find myself sitting by the phone, waiting for a man to call. Haven't done that since the last time the Chief was deployed. :D

No comments: