Sunday, September 17, 2006

Good news & bad news

Good news is, TW managed to get the new modem to work. Which means we're finally back ON LINE! A wonderful thing, now that my siblings are e-mailing updates on Mom's chemo & Dad's PT, my latest show is e-mailing important info to cast members, and another theater company I've worked with is having their fundraiser this Saturday and likewise is sending important info to those of us working it.

Bad news is, TW had to spend a good 2+ hours on the phone w/ tech support (both Verizon & Dell) and Dell had to wipe everything off the computer! Pictures from my camera (good thing I hadn't deleted anything from the memory card yet!), old tax returns, old e-mails I'd saved off to files, Christmas card lists (sure hope TW didn't pitch last year's hardcopy!), all our bookmarks - gone! Looks like our next tech purchase is gonna be some sorta mechanism for backing up the hard drive.

No comments: