Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Wow!

Chief and I are spending the weekend in the Heart of America - the clan is gathering to celebrate my parents' 50th wedding anniversary! Quite an accomplishment and a remarkable milestone, especially given that, with all my dad's health problems 2 years ago, we weren't too sanguine they'd both make it to this day. Yes, lots to celebrate and lots of festivities, chief among them being the clan portrait and the party. Of course. Gotta have a party! You don't stay married for 50 years, raise 5 kids, start and then sell your own business, and survive some life-threatening medical problems without killing each other and then not honor the achievement! So congratulations, Mom & Dad, and everyone else who's managing to make a go of it. (This is my 2nd marriage, so I certainly don't take staying together for granted.)

No comments: