Thursday, June 08, 2006

It's the little things

Finally finished (I think) sewing for this show. Today's project was a small one - headgear for the 3 women dressed as maids in Act I. I used an oval relish dish as a template to cut out 3 ovals, attached white lace around each to create almost a pillbox-hat effect, then used the last little bit of lace to make a rosette for each little hat. Worn far enough forward on the head that the front lace hangs over the forehead, they should be quite fetching. I wasn't too sure about the rosettes so I only attached one, but when I delivered the finished products to the Costume Goddess and "modeled" the one hat w/ the rosette, she seemed delighted with the result. From her, that's high praise!

She also told me that, after seeing M in his sash, the lighting guys dubbed him "the French Ambassador". :D

I'm ushering the show tomorrow, Opening Night. I'm looking forward to seeing the whole thing straight through, as well as seeing how my home-made accessories look from the back row. Those little touches can make a big difference. And if the two hems I did in a hurry last night aren't perfect, well, as long as they aren't as wildly uneven as they were before I redid them, I won't worry about it.

No comments: