Friday, May 13, 2005

"Oh lordy, not another geta post!"

Yep, sorry, another geta post. I finally sewed elastic ankle straps on my geta the other night and tried them out at last night's rehearsal. Much better! While I still want to run one more bit of elastic for insurance, just having the bit across the back of the heel made it much easier to kneel down and get up again without losing a sandal. Which was a good thing, as I spent much of last night's rehearsal on my knees.

Our director keeps telling us to get knee pads. I've done "kneeling shows" without 'em before, but I may have to bite the bullet and get some, given that I do have that one scene where I almost literally throw myself onto my knees.

Last night's rehearsal was a bit of a challenge in that I was not at all vocally healthy. My allergies and asthma were kicking, and I seem to be getting a chest cold, which was tightening my lungs and giving me a scratchy throat. I mostly managed to get through it, but I did drop a few solo notes here and there when I just had to cough or clear my throat or whatever. Fortunately for me and the audience, by the time we open in June, the worst of the pollen season will be long over and I should be able to sing properly again.

No comments: