Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Counting down...

Just 10 days until opening night! I had a voice lesson this afternoon, to go over some of Pitti-Sing's biggest musical bits - we did some cleaning up, refreshed technique, and generally solidified things. The rainy weather was giving me some problems, but on the whole I felt good and my voice teacher declared me ready to open.

I'm vocally ready (please God I manage to stay healthy!) and know my blocking, aside from the scene leading into the madrigal, which the director wants to tweak a bit because she's not really satisfied with how it's working. So why am I starting to feel nervous? I'm not particularly stressed about my costume, not even the wig. I'm curious to learn what it's like to work with a body mike, if a little nervous that it'll mean the audience hears every proper singing breath I take, not to mention every cough, throat clearing, or suppressed sneeze. I've done this show once before ("Ah, but recently?" "No, years and years ago.") and seen several other productions of it, so it's hardly unfamiliar material. I suppose it's just "first lead" nerves. When we rehearse things, I don't really have any problems, so I'll probably be fine as soon as the music starts and we all make our entrances.

No comments: