Friday, April 29, 2005

This one's for Andi

I was already thinking about posting this, Andi; you're quite the catalyst, aren't you? ;)

The director has now asked me twice to come up with a "comic voice" for Pitti-Sing. This is a toughie. A chorister has no spoken lines to worry about, and the few times I've been on stage when I did have lines, the chief concern was being heard in the back row. I've never attempted accents, wouldn't know where to start. I thought about nasal, but that would be physically hard for me to maintain, and probably harder for the audience to listen to. I think of Pitti as being well-meaning, with a Pollyanna streak that occasionally blinds her to reality (that whole decapitation discussion - her "bless you, it all depends" - comes to mind). Lovely, but how should she sound?

To be continued...

No comments: