Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Now that's customer service!

I can't believe it - I called the Corningware folks about that brand-new casserole that cracked the second time I used it and got incredible customer service! "Judy" asked me for the specific size & shape of the dish, when and where I'd bought it, name/address/phone, and said they'd be sending me a replacement by FedEx, which I should have no later than next week! No "send a copy of your receipt to this address" or any other verification process - took my word for it, and they're sending me a replacement, just like that. I think the conversation took less time than I'd waited on hold, and that was only a couple of minutes.

Quite a contrast to my trip to Sam's Club this afternoon to straighten out a problem with my membership card (renewed it in February, system says it expired last week). That one's still being resolved, after I spent about 20 minutes with 3 different people.

I always liked Corningware; now I love their Customer Service, too. That kind of company deserves to stay in business a long, long time.

No comments: