Monday, August 15, 2016

The first family wedding!

Last month the first of my siblings' children got married!  How and when did he get to be old enough?!?  Anyway, he & his new bride have known each other for 8 or 9 years, so it isn't as though they married in haste.  It was a lovely ceremony; LOTS of readings, nice music, the bride's gown was beautifully elegant, and the groom was grinning ear to ear. :)  The reception was nice, too.  The music was a bit loud for my taste (I loathe having to raise my voice to be heard), but because the newlyweds are both dancers, it was VERY danceable!  I got to dance with both the groom and my brother, though not terribly skillfully.  The floor was just a tiny bit slick, and I had trouble following because it's been years since I've danced with C, and the groom & I had never danced together before.  Didn't matter; we had fun, and the bride got a couple of funny pictures of J & me out on the dance floor.

His brother is getting married in October.  Another dance couple, so that should be a fun reception too.

The two couples have already started a family game night, and their marital homes are only about 5 minutes apart.  The bride who's an only child will now have siblings and the bride whose siblings live in the next state will now have siblings close by.  I love it! :)

No comments: