Friday, November 30, 2012

New appreciation for fight scenes

At last night's rehearsal, we blocked a fight scene my character participates in.  I was a bit scared of it - having never done a fight scene, I was worried that I might hurt someone through my ignorance.  Our director was very good about talking us through it all, though, and showed me the "tricks" of making it work.  Those of us who are doing the actual fight are now supposed to run it every rehearsal so we can get comfortable with it and work it into our muscle memory.  First order of business, though, is to get off book for that chunk of dialogue so we don't have to worry about lines as well as the choreography.

After spending a substantial chunk of last night's rehearsal on a sequence that probably only lasts a minute or so, I have a new appreciation for fight scenes!

No comments: